Wednesday, November 30, 2011

And the fun continues!

We are having such a great time doing our Christmas card photo shoots.  This week we took some shots of Kristen and her beautiful 3 year old daughter Emma.  Kristen is Kim's sister, we did a photo shoot of Kim and Kiana in October.  We had a new setting for Christmas photos where we did them at night with just the lights of the Christmas tree glowing around us.  Playing around with the shutter speed allowed us to get that nice glow from the tree.  Emma loved holding the big candy cane and once she had that in her hand she was game for pictures.
Here is one of our favourite cards we designed for Kristen and Emma. Clean, simple and full of love.

In the next few weeks we have several fun bookings; families, babies and baby bellies.  We are looking forward to that and making our plans for the New Year.

In other exciting creativity news, here's a little something anyone can try:

I am starting to decorate my house for Christmas and this year I decided to switch the pictures in my living room (framed photos) to more seasonal pictures for December.  I like the switch and it gives the house a more Christmassy feel.  I find this to be an inexpensive way to quickly redecorate for the holidays. 

These are some of my shots that I added around my house.  They were easy to take, using decorations and ornaments I had lying around the house and the beauty of nature as a background.








/We hope you enjoy the weeks building up to Christmas, surrounding yourself with the ones you love.

~ Kyla and Deena

No comments:

Post a Comment