Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Weekend of photos

Our Sunday was spent behind the camera, continually moving, repositioning and looking for that one great shot during numerous different shoots. 

Project 1:
The Fiors came over to do their Christmas card photo shoot.  We had taken newborn pictures of Amelia in August and it was great to take some more photos of her again. She keeps on getting cuter and cuter by the minute!  I think taking pictures of families is by far my favourite.  You get to become a part of that intimate connection of what makes a family and what holds them together.  Love.  Plain and simple. 
Project 2:
Deena had assigned her students to do a self-portrait so she thought it would be best to lead by example. We played around with the camera taking some portraits, though most of the time I was just concentrating on getting Deena to smile and not make strange faces....funny that she never uploaded those pictures for me to post......anyway.  

Project 3:
Monique also came over as she needed a head shot.  She was recently named a winner in the 2011 Fuel Awards for Canada's Future Entrepreneurial Leaders under 30 by Profit Magazine  and required a head shot for the magazine spread.  I put Willis in charge of making Monique smile, who couldn't when they have a cute four year old making faces at them?  He was such a great helper.  Monique was a very easy person to photograph as she is quite photogenic.  Only a few snapshots were needed to get that one great photo. 


I know that I have still a lot to learn about photography and am still a novice.  However, the more pictures I take and the more I practice, the more I will improve.  We are our own worst critic. At least I have my sister by my side, encouraging me as I go.  Stay tuned, more to come next week...
~ Kyla et Deena

*****
Okay, I just read over what Kyla wrote and decided that maybe I should attach a couple outtakes to show what REALLY happens behind the camera....









1 comment:

  1. love it!!! thanks for the pictures ladies! and Willis is a fantastic helper. I can't believe how good he was... just sat on his chair making faces again and again... took his job quite seriously!

    ReplyDelete